We may have come across this topic numerous times regarding the benefits of electric vehicles, but do we understand those advantages. Read this article till the end to get a clear picture.
Man has reaped massive benefits from the automobile revolution in the last century. But the automobile revolution ended up increasing the carbon emission. Which, in turn, put the planet in danger and resulted in the ecosystem facing jeopardy. The glaciers melted, the sea level is rising, the temperature of this planet has broken all the records. To salvage what we lost, engineers across the world got down to work. They brainstormed all the possible solutions. Finally, they invented the electric motor. The same electric motor became the answer to most of our woes.
As said, science turned towards electric vehicles that have proved to be zero pollutants and nature friendly. Electric vehicles (EV’s) first came into existence in the mid-19th century. In the 21st century EV’s have seen a resurgence due to technological developments and awareness about global warming. The recent generation has shown interest in electric vehicles. The sales of electric cars are through the roof. Even with the sluggish pace in the growth of infrastructure, Electric vehicles have shown promise. Reducing costs incurred to the buyers and also the time of travel in major metropolitan cities, electric vehicles seem like Aladdin’s Genie.
EV’s are powered by an electric motor instead of an internal combustion engine and are much more efficient than fossil fuel vehicles. The internal combustion engines which run on gasoline emit deadly poisonous greenhouse gases into the atmosphere. Imagine all these billions of cars polluting the atmosphere. Electric cars, in the name of emissions, produce only water vapor. Such a savior! Electric Vehicles have a lot of benefits. Without wasting any further time, let us head to see the advantages of electric vehicles.
- Zero Emission: The research shows that electric vehicles are beneficial for the environment because they emit fewer greenhouse gases than vehicles running on fossil fuels. Along with addressing the issue of global warming, pollution and rapid depletion of natural resources, etc. Such electric vehicles are better substitutes for cars and bikes powered by petrol or diesel. Cars running on gasoline constantly spew gases around the atmosphere rendering it impure. Constantly affecting the ratio of components in the air, vehicular emissions are said to be one of the largest contributors to air pollution. Electric cars reduce the same and are a source of cleaner air.
- Air Quality: The vast benefit of electric cars is increasing the air quality in cities and towns. That is because pure electric cars do not produce carbon dioxide while driving. In other words, electric vehicles give us cleaner streets to walk on and fresher and cleaner air to breathe. According to the research, just one car on the roads can save an average of 1.5 million grams of carbon dioxide. Go electric and join hands to reduce your carbon footprint.
- Better on Environment: As technology is improving company’s are now focusing on manufacturing EV’s by using recycled materials such as plastic waste, old car parts, water bottles, etc. which, makes EV’s even more environmentally friendly. Nissan and Ford have already started their work to make EV’s more environment friendly. By buying such cars, you would not only reduce pollution but also reduce the amount of waste on earth!
- Cheap Fuel: EVs work on electric motors and are easy to power from local resources and renewable sources of energy resulting in saving a vast amount of non-renewable resources such as fossil fuels. It has also helped many countries that have to import foreign oil. It says that a household can save up to $700 a year in fuel costs. Surprisingly, electric vehicles also do not incur any maintenance charge. They cost high initially but ultimately they cover the cost and more!
- Money Savings: Electric vehicles are smooth on your wallet. They may create a small hiccup while buying. That is because they cost more than a gasoline-run car. But the electric vehicle pays you more in fuel price saving and also maintenance. Thus, in the larger picture, you would end up saving a ton of money. Owners of the EVs have a broad advantage because of much lower running costs as EVs work on electricity and get to reduce the large amount spent on fuels.
- Easy to charge: EVs are also known as Plug-in vehicles. Charging an electric car is a simple process: you can just plugging your car into a charger that connects to the electric grid. You can recharge your EV at home even if you have installed the plug. You just have to park in your garage, plug in the charger and you are ready to go in the morning. Many countries have installed charge points just like fuel stations. Few apps can locate charge points near you if you are in an emergency. ChargePoint is one of the biggest networks in the USA. Even though the charging network is still in shambles across the globe, governments are doing their best to help. The UK plans to go all-electric as early as 2030.
- Battery costs: Cheaper to maintain is also one of the vast advantages because EVs have a lesser number of moving parts than fuel cars that means relatively little servicing and servicing cost. Batteries of an EV do wear out eventually. Most manufacturers warrant EVs up to 8 years. Even if the battery cost is higher it squares out the cost considering you would have to replace the battery of a traditional car multiple times in the same period.
- Faster travel times: Many countries across the world give access to the carpooling lane if you own an electric car. With access to the carpooling lane, you can commute across the city faster. This is one of the most sought-after benefits of electric vehicles. Many buyers buy the electric vehicle exclusively because of this perk.
With this, we have come to an end on the article on the benefits of electric vehicles. We hope you liked our coverage. We would bring you many more such articles. Till then stay tuned and drive safely
You may also like to read: Electric Vehicles Pros and Cons for 2021