Here we brought you a complete and in detail guide about the Cybertruck pros and cons. Elon Musk, the owner of the company Tesla and also the Cybertruck. Tesla, Inc. has been a widespread American brand during the last few years for several new discoveries. When anybody mentions the brand, Cybertruck EV is one of the best automobile products that Tesla unveiled on November 21st, 2019.
As a starting point, we should remember that Cybertruck, the company’s very first electric pickup truck is counting its’ pre-orders of 650,000+ so far. Of course, that’s a surprisingly high number for the newest electric vehicle that even they will not start production very sooner. (They have announced that the Single-Motor RWD model will be available later 2021)
Anyone who just sees these big numbers will probably be amazed for sure. Maybe this EV is nearly 100% perfect? Maybe not. We are too early to forecast such a thing even without a single real-life experience. Elon Musk has just unveiled the truck. Maybe the main reason behind these big numbers is the $100 cost. Anyone can preorder the Cybertruck for a hundred bucks, but also it’s fully refundable. So let’s get started with our article on the Cybertruck pros and cons we discovered so far.
Pros of Tesla Cybertruck:
Things you can consider as advantages by using the Cybertruck
- Strength and Endurance. Tesla especially states that the Cybertruck has the top-notch strength exterior shell to ensure the best possible passenger safety. also the armor glasses.
- Motor Performance. Comes with Single, Dual, and Tri-motor variants. The highest trim can reach 60 mph within 2.9seconds. Has a massive towing capacity of 14000+lbs.
- Power Efficiency. The extraordinary body design leads to better aerodynamics. Has a driving range of 250+ miles in the single motor RWD, 300+ miles range in the dual-motor AWD, 500+ miles range in tri-motor AWD.
- Good Storage Space. Provides a very roomy interior space with seats up to 6 passengers, 100 Cubic Feet wide exterior storage compartment of 6.5ft in length, including the under-bed, sail pillar, and frunk.
- Off-road Capability. All the trims of Tesla Cybertruck come with 16″ ground clearance, raised level of approach and departure angles, standard adaptive air suspensions that they will be great for off-road driving.
- Standard Autopilot Mode. Self-driving is one of the most attractive features of Tesla vehicles, is also available in Cybertruck.
- Built-in Solar Charging. The most desirable option so far that can add an extra driving range up to 40 miles a day.
A little deep to the Pros
Strength and endurance
When regarding the strength and endurance of this vehicle, you can clearly recognize that Tesla has prioritized passenger protection. The Overall interior and exterior are made with the industry-leading safety standards. On their official website, they have called Cybertruck’s exterior shell, ultra-hard 30X cold-rolled stainless-steel structural skin as “exoskeleton.” (An exoskeleton is an external skeleton that supports and protects an animal’s body) As they say, the body is resistant to corrosion damages and dents. If you have watched the unveiling event, you may see a guy trying to break the truck’s door several times, but never happen.
So it’s a good approach to prove the truck’s durability. Tesla also mentioned Cybertruck’s glass, armor glass unusual one. But unfortunately, it was broke in front of all eyes of the audience in the unveiling event. So we hope they’ll make it much more powerful at the time the vehicle release.
Cybertruck High-Performance Motors
The motor performance of this EV is another impressive segment to talk about. This is an all-electric type vehicle that works exclusively on the electricity powered motors. Cybertruck’s highest trim model will likely produce a maximum of 800 horsepower (597 in kiloWatts) and 1,000 pound-feet (1,356 in Nm) of torque. There are three trims have announced to be released in the future.
- Single Motor: Rear Wheel Drive (RWD)
- Dual-Motor: All Wheel Drive (AWD)
- Tri-Motor: All Wheel Drive (AWD)
The single motor RWD model can reach 60 mph (approx. 97 kmh) in less than 7 seconds. The dual-motor AWD model can reach this speed in less than 5 seconds. Besides, the tri-motor AWD model (highest trim) can reach 60 mph in less than 3 seconds.
The towing capacity of these three models of Cybertruck is as following
- Single Motor RWD: 7500+lbs
- Dual-Motor AWD: 10000+lbs
- Tri-Motor AWD: 14000+lbs
Remarkable Driving Efficiency
This EV has a definitely unique body design that is also very aerodynamics friendly. If you compare it with a traditional truck, Tesla Cybertruck will be the winner for sure. The flat front side of the vehicle actually seems to work as an air splitter, makes the airflow very smooth over the Cybertruck. Apart from that, Elon Musk replies to the tweet of Interesting Engineering, that he says Cybertruck might hit a 0.30 drag coefficient. (As per today, the record number of best drag coefficient is found in RAM 1500 model, that is 0.36)
Better Storage and Room
Compared to other truck models in the market, Cybertruck has a better room and storage space. It has 6.5 Feet vault length and 100 Cubic Feet of Storage. Including the driver, 6 passengers can travel without a problem for sure. As we saw in the demo driving video on youtube, the leg space is also very much, and there will be no leg pains in long drives.
If anyone asks you why you’d buy a truck instead of a sedan or sports car? So one of your answers will be about off-roading for sure. This truck has three trims, and two of these three trims are all-wheel-drive models. (we have mentioned that above) Also, the torque and the handling performance will be a plus for off-road driving. Cybertruck has a ground clearance of up to 16 inches. Adaptive air suspension mode will make no problem even you load much in the storage.
Cons of Tesla Cybertruck:
Things you can consider as disadvantages by using the Cybertruck
- Still very far to the release date. Most of the trims will be released later in 2021. So buyers have to look for a long time to buy it.
- Questionable Window Durability. At the unveiling event, the window glass has broken unexpectedly, even the company said the glass is highly durable.
- Parking Issues. Due to the size of this electric pickup truck, it can be tricky when trying to park in regular garages as this truck takes much space than other trucks.
- Kind of an Ugly Design. Some people see this vehicle as a toy, or so basic design because of the shapes of the truck.
Cybertruck Pros and Cons – Takeaways
In my personal view, this could be a revolutionary vehicle in later 2022 for sure. Because of its’ technology. As I said in the beginning. We are still too early to forecast things. As electric vehicle lovers, let’s hope this futuristic EV will be a star very sooner.
Bonus – Just Try This!
You may also like to read: Vogue Tires with Martian Wheels in Tesla Model 3